All Aesthetic Services
Women and men in Rhode Island are increasingly visiting Intellectual Medicine for natural, subtle, beautiful but believable results with dermal fillers.
It’s important to realize that wrinkles themselves are invisible to the human eye. What you see is the shadow created by the uneven contours of the skin caused by the underlying wrinkle. The key to a youthful face is to minimize these shadows and to smooth transitions on the face.
Dr. Petteruti, Shannon Petteruti, NP, and our highly trained nurses are experts in nonsurgical facial aesthetics. We use dermal fillers in combination with other treatments to improve facial proportions, correct age-related volume loss, soften facial lines and wrinkles. Our goal is improved facial balance with a more youthful appearance to the face. We use a microcannula to minimize discomfort and bruising from cosmetic injectables.
What type of fillers are there?
- Juvéderm Fillers – These fillers are the most popular hyaluronic acid-based fillers. They are ideal for treating a range of aesthetic concerns including lines, folds, and volume loss. The Juvéderm family of fillers includes Juvéderm Ultra/ Ultra Plus, Juvéderm Voluma, and Juvéderm Volbella.
- Restylane Family of Fillers – Similar to Juvederm, Restylane softens lines and wrinkles and is wonderful to treat under eye volume loss, tear troughs, and dark circles. There are a variety of Restylane fillers such as Restylane Silk, Lyft, Defyne, Refyne, Kysse and Contour, each designed with their own unique purpose.
- Belotero – Silky consistency for superficial lines and under eye dark circles and volume loss.
- Radiesse – Tiny beads of calcium hydroxylapatite provide immediate volume, and stimulate on-going production of fresh collagen. Also works great for rejuvenating your hands.
- Sculptra – Poly-L-lactic acid is great for panfacial revolumization. It stimulates your body to produce its own collagen for gradual, long-lasting rejuvenation.
For a consultation with Dr. Petteruti in and around the Rhode Island area, call 401.921.5934 today.
Ares that can be treated with dermal fillers:
- Lips and perioral lines (lipstick lines, upper lip lines) – add volume to lips, hydrate lips, soften lines
- Undereyes – improve dark circles caused by volume loss and prominent tear troughs
- Corners of mouth – reverse the downturn of the corners of the mouth seen with aging
- Marionette lines – Soften the shadows below the corners of the mouth
- Nasolabial folds – fill in smile lines
- Cheeks/Midface – restore volume to the cheeks, lift the face, and emphasize the cheek bones
- Jawline – sharpen the jawline and minimize the appearance of the jowls
- Prejowl – treat the area of volume loss just in front of the jowl but to the side of the chin
- Temples – treat the scalloped appearance of the upper face due to volume loss in this area
- Frown lines – used in combination with Dysport
- Forehead lines – for deep lines on the forehead which Botox itself cannot completely treat
- Neck lines – filler in “necklace lines” on the neck
- Hands – treat volume loss in the hands caused by aging; reduce appearance of veins and tendons in the hands
How Long Do The Results From Fillers Last
In general, fillers can last anywhere from 9 – 24 months depending on type of fill and the person they were injected into. It is important to remember that every patient’s body is different and every patient can respond differently to the fillers based on such factors as diet, exercise, baseline metabolism, sun-exposure, and smoking. In general, we recommend maintenance treatments so that the results never completely return to baseline.
We also recommend that all patients start an at-home skincare regimen to maintain their results. This regimen usually includes a combination of antioxidants, sunscreen, moisturizers, and retinol. View our skin care products for multiple medical-grade options.